Welcome to part 3 of our three part series, where we have interviewed three women who have created some pretty cool things.
Woman 03. Introducing Natalie Carusi founder of Pinky & Kamal
You may already be aware of our founder Natalie Carusi, if not you can also read up on her full story HERE. She is here to create good, comfy things for you to feel cool, calm and collected in. We hope you enjoy this article and get a good feel into Nat's views on life and being a woman.
1. What does being a woman mean to you?
2. How important is it for women to lift each other up and what does that mean for you?
This is extremely important to me. One of the most important things actually. I really feel like us ladies are challenging the concept of “may the best WOman win” and shifting into more of a “Lets lift one another up, so we can WIN together” sort of mindset. Let us have each others back, support one another and bring the positive feels to all!
3. What inspired you to start your business?
I was sick and tired of seeing the same shiny synthetic activewear as the only option of “activewear” to buy when I was moving my bod. It simply did not feel great on me and I wanted something that looked super cool but also breathed with me. Hence, PK was born. There was also one condition when starting the brand... that we would try to be as planet friendly as possible.
4. What advice would you give to younger women wanting to pursue their passions in business/life?
- Give. it. A. crack. (simply put).
- Do not think you know everything. Enter everything with a “beginners mindset” so that you may be open to new ideas and ways of thinking.
- You are never too old to pursue those heart yearning dreams.
- If you have limiting beliefs towards your particular goal. Work on them as you go. If you are mentally blocking what is trying to come through for you, it ain't gonna happen.