Can you feel it? Take a look around my friend. The world is changing. We are waking up and rising from our long nap. We are becoming more aware of many aspects of our life; from the food we eat or to the products we are lathering on ourselves in the shower. It is only natural that the next step is the clothing we buy, and how it is impacting the world around us.
Slowly but surely the clothing world is evolving too (Yeeeehahaaaa) and we are just so darn excited to be a part of this amazing movement that will help positively impact the environment forever. We have never been more proud to get on this moving train, next stop sustainability.
Why Should You Stop And Look At The Organic Cotton T-shirt Over The $3 Kmart T-shirt You Ask?
1. Organic cotton is grown in a way that uses methods and materials that lessen the impact on our environment. A big effort in the organic movement is to use growing systems that replenish and maintain soil fertility and build biologically diverse agriculture.
2. Farming organic cotton uses an absolute shit ton less of water than Cotton Farmed with Chemicals! (Hi-Five)
3. The main benefit of organic materials, however, is that the crops aren’t treated with pesticides, insecticides, herbicides and Genetically Modified Organisms. These toxins are harmful for farmers and workers, us as consumers, and entire wildlife eco-systems.
If this makes sense to you, begin to read the labels, google online stores who make ethical and sustainable clothing, be more conscious in your purchase. If you want to have change you have to be change. You can simply even start by doing the old switcheroo to items you are using at home for something more happier and healthier for the earth.
Somethings you might like to try could be:
- Reusing paper and plastic bags, or better yet buy yourself a nice bag for your shopping, so you do not need to grab a plastic one when you are at the shops.
- If you are a coffee fein like myself, invest in a keep cup... millions of coffee cups are thrown away each day, and un-recyclable.
- Invest in good quality clothing, buy staple pieces that you can wear for years and years on end!
- Walk, ride or public transport it to work, this will give you more time to zen out!
The small things in life that we may tend to take for granted will help you feel and act like a better human!